Friday, April 30, 2010

SNEAKY PEEK



I've been working pretty steadily on only underpaintings for what is closing in on a year of time. Not that I'd even planned on going that distance without beginning any major works, but it just played out that way. There's been a lot of life going on in that time period and I wanted to address my work more personally and watch it develop in the most basic and unregulated time frame.

The piece above is from an idea that I'd been sorting out a couple years after moving to LA. It involves a glowing item in the floor of a toy room, with all the creatures gathered around to take in the scene. This is one of the many pieces in progress at the moment, and one that I hope to share in finished form before another year passes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooooo! I'd wait a year to see this one. (But hope we don't have to.) Thanks for the peek. Your work is always inspiring.