Monday, March 9, 2009

IN PROGRESS

Here's a little sneak peek at what I'm working on at the moment:

This little guy is called "Until the End," and will be at the Overdose show, curated by the folks at Hi Fructose at Copro Gallery. It's somewhat of a companion piece to the piece below.


This one is called "The Glass Menagerie". I'm sure you'll notice the red arrow pointing to an area in the upper left section of the piece. I was telling Greg Simkins, more of a bizarre confession during a natural correspondence, that whenever I work on that area - the egg with a crown under a dome on a pillow - Greg Simkins always crosses my mind. I'm not sure if it was because we talked the day I started that, or that something about it reminds me of something in his work, a crown? I don't know, he doesn't know, it's funny all around.

But notice the crazy wizard scene at the lower right. By working on the smaller painting up top, the balloons began to appear. The blood from the biting of the orange wizard turns into balloons and dreams of being free. More on that as the paintings continue to grow...


No comments: