Thursday, February 19, 2009

DOIN' IT IN YOUR EARHOLE



I've made a conscious decision to try to break up the monotony on the blog here with some new things. The Coraline overview, though slanted towards the reactionary, was a good exercise in breaking away from my usual fare. 

This time, however, I've decided to get into one of the major loves of my life and most everyone around me - music. We listen to it, long for it, eager for the new notes and the same tunes that turn us on day after day, moment after precious moment. 

So here for your amusement or edification, are my Top 4 (recent purchases and high up on the studio playlist) for the time being. It could have been a Top 5 but that doesn't make a nice square shape when you stack them up, now does it? And I don't think it would be fair for me to pretend that I'm some amazing music critic or reviewer. These are my opinions of what I like, simply that. I'd love to hear your favorites, turn me on to something new or different. We could all use some new tunes here and there for our daily soundtracks in my opinon. If you haven't taken the time to check these out, please do...

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement
Darker My Love - 2 
Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul

No comments: